Monday, January 7, 2008

Genetically-Engineered Beef!

Guests
The other day I heard that they have approved or are about to approved genetically engineered beef. Why on earh would someone want such meat or such a cow? Diseases free cow; is that the reason? Must I be told what other animal has donated genes to my beef?
How will this move affect exports to Europe with stiffer food safety standards? For a Nation that is divided on the issue of stem-cell research, this move must raise eyebrows.
When I used to be a cowboy, the best way to get good calves was to borrow a neighbor's bull of the desired qualities. Maybe I am too old and irrelevantly educated, but can't the same objective of having calves with the right qaulities be attained by the good old hybridization? Or is that too slow for a hungry planet?

J R Alila

1 comment:

JR Alila Novels' Blog said...

It is official FDA has Okayed cloned meats and milk.
Sales will wait, for awhile longer.

Joe